Monday, June 23, 2008

Trampoline Fun

One of my favorite things to do as a kid was to sleep outside on our tramoline with my friends. Since our girls aren't quite old enough to do that, Jeff and I had this crazy idea that we would sleep out there with them. We piled on blankets and pillows and cuddled under the covers.
We got out my laptop and watched the movie Hot Rod which is a favorite at our house. We spent the night laughing at the movie and enjoying some beverages out on the tramp.
Here we all are watching the movie. It was so much fun. However, at about 1:00 in the morning I felt the trampoline bouncing and woke up to fine Jeff trying to make an escape back into the house. He said he had a headache. I was freezing my butt off (well, not all the way off, because I looked and it's still there.) So we decided to go inside and sleep in the family room. But when we woke the girls up, they were both mad at us and said they really wanted to sleep outside. But luckily, we were able to convince them that inside the house would be much better.
It was a really fun night. I'm now trying to convice Jeff to let Abbi have a sleepover with a friend at our house and set up a tent in the backyard. It would be so fun, we could even roast hot dogs and marshmallows in the fire pit. We'll see how long it takes to convince him on that one.

7 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Too cute. We had a similar experience with trying to sleep out by our decorated Christmas tree. It ended up only Quaid and Cole but at least we tried! ;)

Janean said...

How fun! When did you get a trampoline? Brett is planning a sleepover under the Monkey Dome with a blanket over it.

Maria said...

I love love love it when there is lots of posts to catch up on! Thanks for such a good read! And I also love it whenever you talk about the adopotion of your girls, it never ceases to bring tears to my eyes! What a special family you are!

The Duvall Family said...

Man, is that all it takes to get a smaller but? You just have to freeze it off. I'm going to have to try it:)

Kirsten said...

You are such a cute family and you are a great mom!!

Tiesha said...

How fun! That's crazy that it would be cold at night right now! I'm so glad your butt didn't freeze off! :o)

Cammee said...

We do tramp sleepovers too! They are killers on the back. How come that stuff didn't bother us when we were young?

Your little birthday Hallie is soooo cute! Our Gage is 3, too. They definitely have a mind of their own!