Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Abbi's Punch Sale

Abbi has been begging me ever since school got out to have a punch sale. So when we were at the grocerey store last time, we bought a couple packages of Kool Aid and a package of cookies. She set up shop on Monday and decided to sell it for .25 cents for a cup of punch AND a cookie. Now if that's not a deal, I don't know what is. I'm thinking of quitting my night watch job and making her sell cookies every day. She made a whopping $7.00. Of course, it did take her from 10:00-2:00 to earn that, but that's not too shabby for a 6, almost 7 year old. Plus, I didn't want her selling all by herself (who knows who is going to pull up) so I decided to stay outside and clean my garage out. I wish I would have gotten a before and after picture of that because it looked horrible before and now it looks awesome. Jeff was so surprised when he was actually able to pull his car in straight and not have to angle it to avoid all the junk.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

so darling! i'd definitely buy kool-aid from that cute face!

The Duvall Family said...

I love it when kids have punch sales! It's the cutest thing ever! I love to stop and give them a dollar and tell them to keep the change because they get so excited. Have the time the punch if full of sugar and not that cold but it's worth the smile on their face when they get their money. Call me next time and I'll come and buy some punch!

Joann said...

wow that's a lot of cash. (Good Job Abbi.)
You are ambitious I really need to clean my garage out too. I'm dreading it.

Eric and Karen said...

I wish I had known that she was having a punch sale, I would have come over to buy some. Maybe next time!!

Holly said...

I remember doing this as a kid too! You are so lucky to have such beautiful girls. :) How fun. I love the post below too! It really is the simple things in life that make us ALL happy! :)

angela said...

Alex always wants to do that, I'll send him your way next time!! Good job on cleaning the garage, we need to do that bad!!!

Janean said...

Such good money! I might have to send my own kids out to earn a little extra money to earn their keep! :) Ha, ha!

Cammee said...

Next time give us a heads up and we'll definitly be customers! She has such an angelic face.

About the cake...I'll trade you for pictures! I don't feel like I'm good enough to sell them yet, but I would love to make one for you!

Sarah said...

You are so nice. D.J. keeps asking me if he can do that but I quickly change the subject. I'm like you and don't want to send him out alone and I am too lazy to do it. :) We are coming to S.F. tomorrow to go swimming. You and the girls should come over. We will be there around 1:00. I told JoAnn too. Hope to see you.

Kristin said...

the punch and cookies were simply delicious!