Thursday, June 12, 2008

Feeling Korver Kick

Michelle and her sister, Ariel, came to our house tonight. We were sitting there talking and Michelle said that Korver was kicking. So of course I hurried over to feel it. I have actually never had the privledge of feeling a baby kick. So it was a pretty cool thing for me. Jeff even got to feel him kick. I think that Abbi and Hallie were just as amazed as I was to feel it. This is so fun for me because I've never even heard a baby's heart beat and Michelle invited me to go to her next doctors appointment, so I think I get to hear it. I am seriously so excited that I got to feel our little guy kick.
Hallie was so funny. She thought it was so funny to feel Korver kick her (I don't know if she really did.) But then she would try to lift up Michelle's shirt and say, "I wanna see baby." Then at one point she tried to look DOWN her shirt to find the baby. She kept asking me to feel my baby and then she asked Abbi the same question. The funniest part was when she was sitting on my lap and she was looking down her own shirt trying to find HER baby. She would also get really close to Michelle's tummy and say, "time a get outta bed, baby!" She had us all laughing.
We did't snap the picture fast enought, but when Abbi was feeling Michelle's tummy, she really had Korver kicking away. It was totally cute and one of the coolest experiences of my life.


12 comments:

Cammee said...

I love the name! So cool! Michelle is darling and you are AMAZING!! This is one lucky boy.

Holly said...

I think that it's so neat that we can have such neat relationships with our BM's I LOVE it!! I'm so excited for you to go to the doctor appt and hear the heart beat too! That was SO cool to me. :)

Sarah said...

I have a feeling little Korver is going to get a LITTLE attention from his older sisters. That is soooo cute. He is one lucky boy, you can already see how loved he is. I love the updates, keep them coming...

Carrie Swenson said...

That is so neat! I am so happy you are lucky enough to find such a neat birthmom like Michelle.

cl said...

i love your baby's name! super cute! and i love all of you gathered around michelle's belly...she seems like a wonderful person! i can't wait to see pics of the cute little guy!

Janean said...

I'm so glad you got to finally feel a baby kick. I am excited even more for you to hear his heartbeat. It will be so cool for you. Michelle is seriously so wonderful to let you do all this with her. She is such an awesome person, I loved meeting her!

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

That is just the most amazing thing! I love it!! Congratulations Shannon!

Shortcake and Company said...

Wow...what a great post from the kicking to Hallie's comments to Michelle being so great. I can't wait for you to experience everything Michelle is sharing with you. Amazing!!

Joann said...

i love the name. it's way cute. Hallie's comment about time to wake up is so sweet. It's fun to see them so excited about their new brother.

Tresca said...

hi

i am so very excited for you. i am a friend of michelle's :)

listen, wondering if you are planning a baby shower? I would love to help.

e-mail me at tjakins@sisteel.com

thanks
tresca

Tiesha said...

So cute! I am so excited for your family! Michelle seems really awesome!

The Claysons said...

Shannon... These pictures are touching! How exciting for your family to have this kind of relationship with Michelle this early on! This baby truly is blessed to have two wonderful mothers!