Sunday, June 15, 2008

Birthday Party With Jordann

One of the coolest things about having adopted kids is you have all these people added to your family who love your kids just like you do. Every year we invite Hallie's birthmom, Jordann, and her family down to our house for a birthday party. We had to do it a week early this year because on Hallie's actual birthday we will be gone. Anyway, the weather could not have been more perfect. We had a BBQ outside in our back yard and ejoyed the afternoon in the warmth (finally!) Hallie loved being pushed on the swings by her birthmom's mom, Grandma Miney.
Miney got Hallie a really pretty silver Noah's Ark bank with her name and the year etched on the roof. Hallie was really excited to put money in it. All night long, even after everyone left, she searched the house for loose change and would run and put it in her bank. Jordann got her a pink beaded bracelet that has a silver heart on the end where she had Hallie's name etched on it. The gifts couldn't have been more perfect. I love when they give them special things like that, that they will always cherish. The bracelet actually adjusts small enough to fit her and big enough to fit me, so Hallie will be able to wear it for a lifetime.
Hallie LOVED everyone singing to her before she blew out her candles.
Jordann and Hallie
If you know Hallie, you know that she loves Little Mermaid the very best. She calls her "Mernaid Fishy." So we got her a Mernaid Fishy cake and she was SO excited. I love this picture so much because you can truly see how excited she is and how special she felt all because of a cake.
This picture makes me laugh because her head looks huge and her body looks so small. She is growing up so fast.

4 comments:

Hill said...

she does look SO excited, what a lovable little face!

Joann said...

She is such a cutie. I can't believe she is 3 already. i remember when she was born. it is crazy how fast time flies. Happy birthday Hallie.

Kirsten said...

She is such a cute little girl!!! I am finally leaving a comment... I have been reading your blog for a while now! :) I love reading about your adoption stories, it gives me hope that someday I will adopt a baby and have a special connection like you do with your birth parents!!
I feel like I know you... we really need to meet sometime!! :) ha!

Tiesha said...

Sounds like you had a great time!