Monday, June 23, 2008

Forever Sisters

I've mentioned in an earlier post that Abbi has a biological sister named Rain. Teressa and Asthon (Abbi's birthparents) live in Kentucky right now and they came out last week for a little visit. Teressa, Jenny (birth-grandma) and I decided to take them to Kiddie Kandids to get some pictures taken of the two of them together. Abbi has been wanting a picture of Rain in her room for a long time. The photographer there was so good and quick to get the perfect expressions out of each of them.

I think they look quite a bit alike. They both have their own looks to them, but they are definitly sisters. I think it's so great that we have this relationship with Abbi's birth family. The next day, Jenny invited us over to their home for a BBQ. She bought a little blow up pool for the girls to play in that was just the right size. Rain decided to sleep this one out so there are no pictures of her in the pool.

Here is the delicious spread of food that we had. Steve (Teressa's step dad) made yummy BBQ chicken that was to DIE for. Jenny made a really yummy green salad with spinach and lettuce and I made my famous potato salad. Jenny also made Strawberry rubharb cake and served it with vanilla ice cream.
She also got Hallie something for her birthday. It was a darling orange dress and a Dora the Explorer telephone with stickers. Hallie loved it all and looks adorable in the dress (you'll see in a later post.)
Jenny always surprises the girls with "just because" presents. She got Abbi a really cute doll with long hair that she can brush and some stickers.


5 comments:

Kristin said...

i love this post! thanks for sharing!

Joann said...

I enjoyed meeting Jenny at the dance recital. She was such a sweet lady. It's neat how you guys stay in touch. The picture of the girls is cute. I love your famous potato salad. (i need to get the recipe.)

Michelle said...

how cute! they have the same eyes!!

Shortcake and Company said...

I think it's so neat that when you adopt a baby you adopt their entire family. It's a compliment to you!

Tiesha said...

That is so sweet!! What a cute picture! How nice to have all of these people to love you and your family!