My girls LOVE to swim. I swear that if you look close enough you can almost see gills and fins sprouting from their bodies. Jeff and I took the girls to the Scera pool yesterday afternoon to cool off. We had lots of fun.


Here are a few videos of the kids swimming. Hallie has been so funny this year. She absolutly loves the water. She'll wave to me and say, "Bye, bye!" and then go underneath the water and kick her legs and move her arms to make herself swim. Abbi has been working on her backfloat for a while now and just hasn't been able to get it until yesterday. Jeff took her out in the deep and worked with her for a while and she finally got it. The Scera pool is fun, but not as fun as the city pool or the Veterans pool. The lifeguards wouldn't let Abbi go down the slide because she wasn't 4 feet tall. When Jeff asked if he could go down with her, they said not without a life jacket. When Jeff asked where to get a life jacket, they said we could buy one at the concession stand. Every other pool we've been to has had life jackets to use for the slide. So stupid. And why does it matter how tall she is? She can swim and I'm sure there are kids over 4 feet that can't swim as well as she can. It really made us mad. But oh well, we still had a good time but I think next time we'll stick to the other two pools.
8 comments:
How cute are they? You are such a fun mom. That is so annoying about the life jacket situation.
Looks like you guys had fun. That is so stupid about the slide and then they want you to BUY a lifejacket. That's CRAZY!! Abbi and Hallie are TOO cute!
Stupid height rules...they are THE WORST!!! I hate going to a new place and then having all these new rules you didn't know about. Oh well, your girls are so darling and it looked like you had a great time!!!
I agree about the life jacket thing...sorry, I recommended this place! ;) It looks like you guys had a splashin' good time though. What a way to cool off on a hot summer day!
Hallie and Abbi are so cute when they are swimming. :) * Yep i think i do see some fins*
I love pool pictures! We are going to go try out the new Payson pool today...I am feeling bummed that we only have 20 more days until school starts. We didn't go to the pool NEARLY enough!
Cute swimsuit on Hallie! Lexi has the same one and I loved it the minute I laid eyes on it. This is the first one-piece swimsuit I have ever purchased for Lexi. I miss our Saturday night conversations. We need to get together just to chat. LOL Lindsey
They both are swimming so good. Looks like Abbi has mastered the back float. I love how Hallie says bye bye before she goes under, way cute. It's kind of sad summer is almost over.
Post a Comment