Saturday night we had a BBQ down at my mom and dads house with Michelle and our families and some of Michelle's friends. It was really fun with lots of food and people to visit with. We had hot dogs, hamburgers and yummy marinated chicken and pork that Michelle's aunt and uncle brought. I will be posting the recipe as soon as I get it. It was to die for good.

Every single one of Jeff's brothers and sisters along with their kids and spouses came to support us. It was so great. I love his family so much. They are amazingly awesome people. Everyone of them have always supported our adoption and our way of doing things with our birth moms. My mom and dad and Kristen and her boyfriend Weston were also there. My dad and Kristen were so great to cook all the meat for us. Cody (my brother) and his girlfriend, Erin, weren't able to be there. Cody was in a golf tournament and we totally understand. My family is also amazing and I love them so much. We wanted to have this BBQ at the park under the pavillion, but I called EVERYWHERE and every pavillion was booked. So my parents were kind enough to let me have it at their house in their back yard. It's times like these when I really remember how much all these people mean to me and love each and every one of them.

This is Michelle's friend Natalie who I LOVED to pieces. She was really cute and it was fun to get to know her. Although, since I've been stalking her blog, I kind of already feel like I know her.

Here is Amy and Mike and their little boy. Amy is the one we have to thank for hooking us up with Michelle. She has been awesome in all of this.

We didn't get pictures of Michelle's other friends that were there. Things got a little busy with preparing food and everything. But her friends Chris and Crystal were there with their little girl who I wish I would have gotten a picture of. She is such an adorable little girl. I also failed to get pictures of Michelle's aunt and uncle and their kids. They were so nice and laid back. Very easy to talk to and I fell in love with them the minute I met them. They are very supportive of Michelle's choice to place Korver with us. Hopefully this won't be the last time we meet with them before Korver is born. I'll make sure to get pictures of them next time. It was such a fun night.
Kover is doing great and cooking away in Michelle's tummy. He was quite active while we were visiting and I got to feel him kick and move around several times. At Michelle's doctors appointment last Wednesday they scheduled her C-Section for September 23rd. It was kind of a disapointment because he'll only be 2 days early. But I guess the longer he can cook in there the better. However, the doctor wants to watch her very closly to make sure that she doesn't go into labor. Michelle has a hip disorder and if she were to have the baby normally it could cause her hips to dislocate or possibly break. So we definitly don't want that to happen. She officially asked me to be in the delivery room with her. I was completly honored and excited. I mean, only one person gets to be in there with her and it's ME!! Woot! Anyway, it's been a busy week, but very fun. I'm going to be MIA for a while. I've got to get some sewing projects accomplished that I'll post about later. So it may be a week or two before I post again. (Janean, I'm okay!)
8 comments:
HOw fun! I want to know how you do those glitter toes, they are SOO cute! Is it all the glitter in the polish or do you sprinkle it on top before the polish has set??
I am SO excited for you, what an amazing experience it will be to be able to be there with Michelle, WOW! :) It looks like you guys have been having tons of fun, hurry back we miss you when you don't blog. :)
it looks like you guys have been having a blast! you are such a great mom! i am so excited for you and all the experiences you get to have in september with your new sweet baby. and i am dying to know what you are working on with fabric...you need to post about it soon!
How exciting for you. Everytime I think about you getting another baby, it makes me want to cry. I'm so happy for you, what a blessing. Well deserved too.
You guys always seem like you are doing such fun and wonderful things together with your family. I love seeing how everything is unfolding with your adoption and I can't wait for you to have your new little baby. Your birth mother seems like such a sweet girl. :) Good luck with your sewing projects!
Yay, I'm actually leaving a comment. It was so good to meet you guys I had a blast. We'll have to meet up again sometime:)
I've got the 23rd marked on my calendar! I am so excited for you--that is so great of Michelle. I seriously love how great you are with your and her family.
That chicken was so yummy. I can't wait for the recipe.
Thanks for inviting us to share this time with you. We had so much fun. You have such a sweet family, it was so nice of them to let us come and enjoy their back yard.
Michelle and all of her family and friends were so nice.
I can't wait until Sept. 23, I think that's so neat Michelle has invited you to be there.
How fun! She seems like a really sweet girl! Thanks for lending me $5 bucks! I can read your blog now. :o)
Post a Comment