Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crazy Cat Lady

Okay, so I caved and let my kids get a cat. Oh who am I kidding, I wanted the cat. My brother in law brought by this cat for my mom (my mom lives out in the fields so she needs cats to keep the mice down.) Anyway, the dang thing was so cute and my girls just loved it. So I begged and begged until Jeff caved and let us keep the little thing.
HIS name was Freddy until we found out it was a girl. So now HER name is Stella. Stella has been a pretty good kitty so far. She is pretty tiny and won't eat soft cat food, so we have been feeding her milk with a dropper. It's kind of a pain, but Abbi and Hallie love it. I've realized that cats are so easy. They come automaticaly potty trained. She goes right to her kitty box and does her deed.
I came downstairs to find Hallie sitting on Sadie's pillow (which Stella has decided to share with her.) It was so cute.
The dogs were fine with Stella. Jemma just kept staring at her. I'm sure she was thinking, 'I'm supposed to not like you.' But Jemma never did anything to Stella. Hopefully they will always get along.

6 comments:

angela said...

I am jealous...I love kitties and I was always the one who found the "free kittens" sign and just brought them home without even askingmy parents and then wht could they do??? Rich hates cats but they are so easy and so much fun for kids. How did you convince Jeff maybe it will work on Rich too!!

Shortcake and Company said...

Stella's a cute kitty for sure. I'm sure your little girlies are lovin her.

Hill said...

Gotta love kitties. I love dogs too, but you can't beat the ease of a cat. I LOVE the self potty training feature they come with.

Joann said...

i'm not a huge fan of cats but stella is cute i would have been tempted too. I love her gray and white stripes. That's funny about jemma. Did Jeff get to name her after silverado?

Eric and Karen said...

What a cute kitten. I am like JoAnn, I am not a huge cat fan, but Stella is darling.

Tiesha said...

How fun getting a kitty! I always had cats growing up, because like you said they come potty trained. I still want one now but Paul won't let me.