
Jeff and I have been dying to get out together. We feel like we have both been so busy that we haven't had time to do anything with each other. So Jeff booked us a room in Salt Lake. The picture above is the room (I'm pretty sure you could have figured that out.) It was super nice with such a comfy bed and a jacuzzi. We started out the day by going to one of our favorite restaurants to eat, Chili's. Then we went to see Get Smart, which was very good and really funny. After that we went back to the hotel and got all dressed up to go to dinner. We have been wanting to go to The Melting Pot for a while so we decided to make reservations earlier in the day and went. It was so yummy. We got the four course meal which filled us to the brim. We wished we could have taken it home with us.

Below is the desert. I actually think I heard angels sing when I put the first bite in my mouth. It was to die for good. Funny that we were both so full, but we finished off the desert!

The next morning we slept in until 9:00 (I know you're jealous.) Then we got up and got ready for the day. Jeff even sat in the jacuzzi for an hour watching t.v. while I got ready. By the time we checked out it was nearly lunch time, so we headed to Olive Garden (one of my other favorites.) We had a really good time and I wish we were rich so we could do it about once a month. Thanks so much Kristen for watching the girls while we were gone. You're the best!
6 comments:
That is so sweet of Jeff to do. I love little get aways trips like that with my husband. The Melting Pot it delicious! I love that place especially dessert. I think I could go there just for dessert. How fun.
looks like you guys had a blast! and the food looks delicious!
I've been waiting for this post. What a fun get-away! And, I totally understand the dessert thing at The Melting Pot--it's crazy good.
How nice! The food does look delicious!
I love getting away for a night. Jason and I did that up in SLC last month (using the free hotel stay that I won at the New Haven Christmas party). It is such a good reminder that your husband is not just your kids dad but also your best friend that you can spend hours of time with and still want more!
good for you guys it's always fun to get a way and spend some alone time. The dessert plate looks so yummy
Post a Comment