Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Zoo

Last Friday, since Abbi was out of school, Jeff took the day off and we headed to the zoo. It was extremly busy. I waited in line for about 30 minutes just to buy tickets, and then another 15 minutes waiting to get into the zoo. You gotta wonder if the Hogle Zoo is worth it. But the kids had fun. Hallie was totally amazed by the monkeys. She LOVED them. Abbi really likes the stinky buldings with all the reptiles in them. She could sit and stare at rats and snakes all day if we would let her.
Hallie was totally scared of the elephants. She kept calling them "monshers" which translates to monsters. We would try to put her down, and she would get really nervous and run to either Jeff or me.


3 comments:

Janean said...

The zoo looked fun! Maybe I need to break down and take my kids again. I just hate the Hogle Zoo but maybe it is time just for them.

Joann said...

You guys are such great parents. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I think that is so funny about Hallie and the monster elephants. She has the funniest personality. Jeff asked me yesterday "if I ever had a kid who didn't listen like Hallie" I told him YES all 4. You got lucky with Abbie. They're both little sweethearts. We love them.

Shortcake and Company said...

You're such a great mom! The zoo can be a little funky but the little ones do enjoy it. How fun.