Monday, April 7, 2008

Let's Go Fly A Kite...

One of the fondest memories that I have of my dad when I was a kid is flying kites. We lived on a street where there was a big field across the street. So we would go to the store and buy a couple of kites and spend a breezy afternoon (well probably only an hour) flying them. So Sunday between conferences we pulled out the kites the kids picked out the day before and went to the soccer field to fly them. It was so much fun and the perfect day to put them up in the air. We had just the right amount of wind.

This is Abbi's kite right before we got it way high in the air. Both Abbi and Hallie thought it was so cool that we could get them as high as the string would allow us.
Jeff and I laughed so hard at Hallie. She would run as fast as her legs would let her. Neither of the girls got that they could stand still and the wind would do the work for them. But who wants to do that, that's boring.

Both girls slept extremely well last night with all that running they did. It was great exercise.

11 comments:

Holly said...

The weather seems so crazy this year, looks like you guys had fun though!! :) I know, it's hard to decide what to do about going private huh?!

angela said...

I have never been very good at kite flying and I am pretty sure that I have never even atempted it with my kids......maybe I should give it a shot, it looks like you had a ton of fun!

Maria said...

You are such a fun mom! You are always doing something! It sure makes me want to fly a kite!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

We took Lexi and Rowen acouple of days after Easter. Lexi loved it for all of 5 seconds when she informed me that she as bored. Rowen just kept taking off for the playground (we were at Centinnial (sp?) Park too). I aksed Lexi if she wanted to go fly her kite again and she said, "No way! That is sooooo boring!" At least I know where she stands. Cute pix of the family.

Shortcake and Company said...

What a fun idea. We have wanted to fly our kites for a month or so now. I loved flying kites when I was a kid too. As I'm listening to The Beatles, I'm smiling that we have so much in common. Love ya, girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

Shannon , I do not know if you remember me or not jeff,& kurt use to rope down at the rindlisbacher's like 5 years ago but i found you blog and thought that I would say hello! You Girls are so adorable Keep in touch Jennica Argyle
kurtjennicaandboys.blogspot.com

Nat said...

fun kite flying! We went one day and Lauryn thought it was pretty cool, until she let go of the string and her kite started flying away, and she started bawling! Luckily a fence stopped it!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

You are awesome. Thanks for yet another blog connection. How is work going? I really miss visiting with you in person.

Nat said...

Hey there, just me again. Cute new background. I like it. Hey, just wondering if you could let me know when you get your "bonus" from work so I can know if I get mine or not and I can let angie know if I don't. Thanks! Hey, next week is supposed to be nice and it's spring break, maybe we can plan a park day or something! We'll chat. Have a great day.

Candi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candi said...

shannon,
can you send me your email address so i can send you an invite to our blog? candihigs@gmail.com
thanks,
candi