Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Perfect Day

Today was such a great day. Jeff woke me up at about 7:00 and told me he was heading out for a few hours to do some farm stuff. Then he told me that he was taking the girls with him. I was so excited to have some free time. So what did I do... I slept in until 9:00. I haven't done that in a really long time. Then I got up and went on my morning walk. Usually I have Hallie in her stroller with me and I gotta say, it was a little weird being alone with my iPod. But nice, nevertheless! I came home and got ready all by myself. Which also was a little weird, because usually Dora is on in the background or Hallie is "helping" me with my make-up and hair. Jeff came home at about 11:30 and asked if I wanted to go to lunch and take the girls to a movie. So we got ready and headed over to Chili's, my favorite!! It was delicious.

Then we went to see "Horton Hears A Who" which was hilarious. You can't go wrong with Steve Carell and Jim Carrey. They were the voice overs for the main characters in the movie. Both kids liked it a lot.


After the movie, we all had a sweet tooth, so we decided to satisfy it with a trip to Coldstone. Yummy! Both Abbi and Hallie LOVE ice cream so much and jump at the chance to eat it.
It was such a fun day having some much needed alone time and spending time with my little family. These are the days when I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I have a great husband who helps out and takes time for his family. And not to mention my terrific kiddos. I adore them (if you haven't guessed!) They are so much fun to be with. I love my little family.





4 comments:

Hill said...

That sounds like an awesome day. I'm a little jealous of your free time. My little bro and sis work at the coldstone here in town, if you tell them you are Jones' sister, they'll treat you really nice.

Holly said...

I'm so glad you got a little extra time for yourself... sometimes that totally rejevenates me! What a fun day! We are definitely going to have to watch that movie. :) You really do have the perefect little family! :)

Maria said...

wow what a fun day! Your typical mornings sound a whole heck of a lot like mine! Dora dora Dora! I am so glad you had some time to yourself, and we will have to go see that movie!

Shortcake and Company said...

Wow...that is a perfect day. It's always a little weird to have alone time when you're used to having the kidlets close by. I love how you put the pix in your post.