Thursday, March 13, 2008

New Hobby

Recently I discovered that I don't really love to scrapbook. My house is small, and I have no room to get it all out and leave it, let alone store all of it. I do have a ton of stuff, but I just think it's a pain to pull out so much stuff to create one page. It is really frusterating to me. But Stampin' Up has these great little scrapbook kits. They come complete with adorable stickers and paper. They sell them in themes (baby boy, baby girl, big boy, big girl, wedding, travel, you get the idea.) So I've been buying these and they have totally helped me. What I have started doing is making 6x6 books for each of my girls and then fill it with pictures of them as events happen. This has totally helped me with scrapbooking because I can pack the kit with me to work and whip one out in a couple of nights. It's so fun and has changed my view of scrapbooking tremendously. No, there may not be a Christmas themed page, or an Easter themed page, but there are pages and that's all I care about. I have also made a family book to keep pictures of things we do together as a family. My girls really like these books. They are perfect size for their little hands. Most recently I'm working on Hallie's baby book (sad I know, she's almost 3.) Here are some finished 6x6 pages that I've done. All the little embelishments you see on the paper are stickers. Cute huh!
When and if we ever move into a bigger house and I'm able to have a room designated for scrapbooking, I'll let you know if my attitude changes. As for now, this is what I'm gonna do. If anyone is interested in purchasing one of these kits let me know. I have a great friend (Tiff) that sells Stampin' Up and I'd love to introduce her to you. Only don't ever go to her house; it's trouble because her scrapbook room is AMAZING and will only make you jealous and even more frustrated.

2 comments:

angela said...

I don't have any stamps and I don't want to buy any but these little books look adorable.....how much are they?? I would be interested in doing some of these. Let me know.

Kristin said...

those albums are really adorable!
i feel exactly the same way about the supplies - i have a new studio, and i still hate lugging stuff out. i always misplace stuff, too! have you tried digital scrapbooking? it is so addictive.
KD