Today Abbi had an assignment from school to answer some questions about herself. The first one was "What makes me special?" Abbi thought for a minute after reading the question and then answered, "Because I'm adopted." I had to hold back tears because I was so glad that being adopted isn't something that she feels makes her weird or different from others, but "special." I love having this little girl in my life. She truley is special.
6 comments:
Wow.... major tears. You are so lucky Shannon that she understands! She is so special! It is so amazing when children come up with such wonderful incites! It is definitely a reflection of you as a parent! Oh and thanks for the shoes! Scott has the check today.
What a little piece of heaven. I really feel this reflects you and Jeff. You are so great with your girls and about their birth parents. Abbi is so special--for sure. And, I love this picture too.
you got tears out of me, that is so sweet. what a doll.
Tears here as well! What a tribute to you as well, for teaching her what a niracle adoption truly is! You have beautiful girls!
Gosh, I hope I didn't freak you out! I'm really not sure how I found your cute blog. I was just browsing I guess. I just had to post a comment, when I saw you had adopted children too. It really is such a miracle. Hope you don't mind. :)
Shannon, I look up to you so much for the kind of person you are and that you aren't the type of person to think that being adopted needs to be hidden from your kids. You are so lucky to have such special beautiful little girls. I love that she said that.
Post a Comment