Friday, February 8, 2008

A Couple of Days of Fun!

I've about had it with this crappy weather we've been having. So Monday and Tuesday of this week, Jeff and I pulled Abbi out of school and took the girls for a couple of days of fun. Monday we went to see "Alvin and The Chipmunks" and then went to lunch at TGI Friday's. After that we went to Jumpin' Jacks. Tuesday we went up to Park City to hit the shops in the freezing cold. When we hit Heber on the way up, our thermostat in our truck read -4 at one point. But one good thing was there were hardly any people shopping. So we didn't have to fight the crowds. And we got super good deals on spring clothes for the kiddos!
Hallie had so much fun. Abbi would help her up the ladder and then she would turn around and go down on her belly over and over again.
Jeff took Hallie down the great big slide (that is what Abbi calls it.) I think it scared both of them because this was the one and only time they did it. Good thing I got it on camera.
Hallie is not crying in this picture. The theater was dark and the flash startled her. "Alvin and The Chipmunks" was really cute. The girls loved it. We almost had our own private showing until 4 other people showed up to join us in the theater. This little mini vacation gave us something to look forward to. Now I think we can make it until March when and if this stupid snow ever melts.

2 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

I LOVE mini vacations!! Sometimes there just what you need to break out of the everyday norm. This looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Cole took my two little ones to Jumpin Jacks while I was in Chicago--they had fun too.

Hill said...

That sounds awesome. I can't wait until Ammie is old enough that we can do fun things and get out of the house in the yucky weather. Your husband is awesome, by the way, the laundry thing is huge!