Friday, October 3, 2008

We've Just Been Bonding

It's been a week since we broght Korver home and things couldn't be better. He is such a good baby. He's so content and happy. It just amazes me how alert he is. He loves to open up those big brown eyes and just stare at everything. He eats really well and sleeps even better. He usually goes down at around 11:00 pm and then he'll sleep until 2:30 or 3:00 and drink a bottle and have his diaper changed and then he goes right back to sleep. It's been really nice.

I can't quit staring at him or put him down. I just want to cuddle with him. I may be spoiling him, but I really don't care. I think he will be my last (sniff, sniff) so I'm milking it for all it's worth. They are only this tiny for a short time, right. I joked to Jeff that someone must be holding him at all times until he's 6 months old. Okay, we're not that crazy, but honestly I mostly just hold him and stare at him all day. Surprisingly things are actually getting done around here, though. Thank goodness for a husband that helps arund the house. Abbi and Hallie adore their new baby brother. They have both been so helpful and cute with him. The other morning I had to get in the shower and Jeff wasn't at home. So I put Korver in the middle of my bed and told Hallie not to touch him and to be a good girl. She said, "okay." When I got out she had put Korver's blanket over him and was stroking his head laying by him. It was so cute. She said, "Mom, I'm a siser!" Abbi loves to hold him and feed him his bottle. She's is such a great help to both her younger siblings.
Look at him! Isn't he the cutest thing ever!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

oh i love hallies's outfit!!!

and for being one crazy baby in the womb, i'm sure glad that he's pretty chill ... for now :)

i can't stop staring at him when i'm around him too ... he's a pretty handsome boy! but what can you expect ... look at his birthparents! ...kidding. really, that was a joke. ok, i'm ending this now.

Cammee said...

There is no such thing as spoiling a baby!!! I don't know who came up with such BS. Hold him until he's 2.

Abbie's picture is so cute. Once again you made me cry!

Crystal Hadlock said...

that is such a cute picture of all the kids together! Hallie is smiling so good!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

I was reading this post while smiling the whole time. Then I got to the picture of the three of them together and just started to cry. Your children are beautiful!

Paige and Jason said...

It's amazing to me because in that picture with all 3 of them I think they all look alike. You are so blessed Shannon and I can't think of a better or more worthy recipiant. I am so happy for you and cant wait to get my hands on that little guy.

Eric and Karen said...

Oh, he is so cute! Sorry we haven't been over to see him yet. We have had colds, so we are staying away until we're better! I can't wait to see him though!

Joann said...

cute family. He is a really good baby. I can't believe how much he has changed in just a week.

katie said...

He is just sooooo dang cute. You just want to kiss those cheeks. I am so excited for you.

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

He is truly a little miracle! What a precious little man!