Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Just Have 5 Little Letters For You...

N.K.O.T.B. That's right I went to New Kids On The Block last night compliments of my friend Katie who won tickets.

She invited Lindsey, Loni, Jaimie and me. It was so much fun. When I was about 11 years old I had a major crush on these guys. My favorite was Danny. I went to their concert when they came to the Marriott center in Provo and I was sure that Danny was going to single me out of all those other girls, blow me a kiss and fall madly in love with me. He would wait for me until I was old enough to date and then we would date and get married and have 4 kids and live happily ever after. Like I said, MAJOR crush! I don't care what anyone says, these guys can still move. They did all their old dance moves and everything. Danny even did a break dancing number and spun on his head a few times. I was giddy like I was when I was 11. It was AWESOME. Thanks so much Katie for a fun night. I had a blast.


12 comments:

jaime said...

It was totally awesome! It was fun getting to know you :)

katie said...

Oh Shannon, you aren't the only one that had a major crush. Joe was mine. I had the huge buttons and everything. I'm so jealous.

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

It was a great time! I am totally wishing we could go again...tomorrow. We'll have to go again if they ever come back. We may be in our 50's then...oooh bad thought. I wonder if Danny will still be break dancing. Ha! We need to get together more often.

Paige and Jason said...

I am so glad you guys got to go and have fun. I remember having a huge crush on Joey because my favorite song was "please don't go girl"
Ahhhh young love!

Liz said...

LOL!!!! You are cracking me up! Glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Tiesha said...

Shannon!
You do the coolest things all the time! That would be so much fun, I'm glad you got to go!
Don't forget to go to my blog (if you haven't already) and vote on what you think our baby's going to be. :o)

Shortcake and Company said...

Just when I thought I knew you, you pull a stunt like the NKOTB! LOL.

Joann said...

that is so funny. I used to have posters of them all of my room when I was a teenager. looks like you had a lot of fun.

Loni said...

Your pictures turned out awesome!! I'm so glad we all got to go and experience NKOTB one more time! We should all go out again sometime.

Kris and Katie said...

You got awesome pictures!! THat was so dang fun! I am getting excited all over again. What a great night

The Warner Family said...

Now I get to sit here jealous again! I can't belive you liked Danny! Ew! I liked Donnie. I had a huge cute as heck poster on the back of my door, and I use to spend a ton of money on those teeny bopper mags! Isn't it fun to have a major crush, on someone who doesn't even know you exsist. I remember those days.

Kirsten said...

I LOVED the New Kids too but I just don't think I could bring myself to go to one of their concerts now... Now they are just creepy old men trying to be young and hip. Sorry! :) glad you had fun though!