Sunday, September 28, 2008

Miracle

I witnessed a miracle. For the third time in my life, I witnessed a miracle. Friday, September 26th 2008 in the quiet of a hospital room my sweet Michelle sent Korver Morris Swenson home with his new family. A family that knew 3 years ago that someone was missing. That their family wasn't yet complete. We had just adopted our little Hallie and we just knew that another sweet spirit was going to join us someday. I would go to the grocery store and have my two little girls with me, and I would feel like there was an extra hand that I was supposed to be holding.
Michelle and I shared so many precious conversations while we were alone in the hospital looking at our sweet boy. Conversations that I will never forget and that I will share with Korver as he gets older. The feeling for me is so bittersweet. I am overjoyed to have my Korver here and healthy. But my heart breaks for my Michelle. Although she knows she made the right decision for him, her heart is broken and in turn, my heart is broken for her. It's something I have felt for all 3 of my sweet birthmoms. I am so thankful for our open adoptions with all 3 of our children. I think it has helped put our hearts back together one piece at a time.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

What a beautiful miracle. Thank you for sharing so much of it with us. I couldn't hold back the tears of happiness for you and your family and tears of sadness for Michelle. Little Korver is so blessed to have so many people love him already. I can't wait to meet him.
Congrats again!

Maria said...

I am just so touched by you and michelle and your sweet story. Maybe because I know deep down that this could very well be us someday... I am so happy for you guys and your happy ending... or should I say happy beginning! Congrats again!

Kim said...

Even though I don't know any of you from Adam, I am also touched by your story. You and your husband are a good example of how adoption should be.

Janean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janean said...

I am so thankful to Michelle and for the selfless act that she has done for you guys. She is an amazing woman and will be blessed for it someday. My heart just feels so much for her it is beyond words but I love her so much for what she has done. I am also so glad that she is able to still be a part of his life because I think this will make it so much easier for her. What a special girl!

Shortcake and Company said...

You have a sweet family for sure and in part due to your sweet birth moms. I was thinking about both you and Michelle so much this week. What an amazing person Michelle is for giving you such a beautiful baby boy, Korver. You said it best when you said "I witnessed a miracle."

Michelle said...

i love you.

Anonymous said...

michelle is so great. i have only know her for a few months but it feels like i have known her forever. she has such a special place in my heart and i adore her. thanks for being so great to her. from what i have heard of you and read in your blog...you are pretty amazing. and michelle couldn't ask for more. thanks for all you do. adore that baby. you deserve him.

Jennifer said...

Michelle is a very special person! She is so selfless to give her baby to your family so that he can have the life she wants him to have. What a good family she chose for her little Korver.

Nicki Swilor said...

I am a friend of Crystal Hadlocks and found your blog on hers. Your story is beautiful. I am so thankful to be able to read and follow yours and Michelle's journey. She is a great person to be able to make this decision. And to give you that missing part of your life. Congratulations!