After they got Korver all cleaned up they brought him over and let me hold him. They took pictures of Michelle and I together. We were both bawling our eyes out. Seriously, I was a blubbering idiot. They then took him into the nursery to weigh him. He weighed in at 6lbs. 11oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. We all thought he would be much bigger since Michelle was only 2 days away from her due date.

Korver had to be in the nursery for such a long time. A little over 4 hours to be exact. His oxygen levels were a little low so they wanted to monitor him for a while until it stabalized. I could go in there and see him, but Michelle was still in recovery so she couldn't. I felt really bad for her because she was dying to see him. But they gave her some medication that helped her with nauzia that made her a little sleepy so she slept a lot of the time.

He has a good strong cry and really likes to stretch out. This didn't surprise Michelle because she swore he was that way in her tummy.

He is such a sweet baby. He is really good and doesn't cry much. I'm hoping this continues. He's also really alert. We had a hard time getting him to drink his bottle right at first, but once he got the hang of it, he sucked it right down. I think he'll fatten up nicely. ;)

Michelle and I couldn't keep our eyes off of him. He would just sit and stare at us and look around at everything.

12 comments:
Oh my goodness, he is so BEAUTIFUL! I have been waiting all day to see pictures and thought I would check one more time before bed. And there he was! It sounds like everything went well, I'm so glad. Please keep us updated. Congrats again!
He was such a DOLL!!! I cannot believe how big his feet are. Such a precious little guy. He is going to be so spoiled.
He is adorable! What a beautiful, beautiful boy!! I can't wait to meet him in person. Isn't it amazing how once the baby's here, they're just as amazed as we are, I swear! I remember Ainsley just gazing around too. Those moments are precious.
I am so excited for you. You waited for a long time. I feel so happy for you, as sit here typinh with tears rolling down my cheeks. Thanks for sharing your beautiful moment with us!
How awesome. He is adorable. COngrats
Congratulations! He is really adorable.
I can't believe how cute and tiny mr. Korver is!! I was so glad we could come see you guys last night!
I can't wait to see the little man in person!
something special about a mother and son bond. I can tell by your face its love at first sight.
congratulations! i can't wait to meet him. he is adorable!
Congratulations! What a beautiful little baby boy.
oooo, i HATE how they had to take baby Milo down and keep him from me. They told me it would be an hour, and 2 hours later, I was threatening the life of the nurses and cussing every swear word imaginable. i don't know what came over me, but boy, i was pissed.
i absolutely love the picture of him on the bed with the puppy in the back ground making such a sweet funny little face.
i love him!!
Post a Comment