Sunday, September 21, 2008

12 Years and Still Kickin' It

Yesterday, September 20th, Jeff and I celebrated our 12th wedding anniversary. Wow how time flies. January of 1996 I was a Senior in High School and I was out with my friends Janean and Melissa. We had just gone to a movie and were heading to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. We were over by Movies 8 stopped at a stop light in my sweet red car when this stupid big truck pulled up behind us and shone their lights in my rear view mirror. Janean, Melissa and I thought they were just being jerks and shining their lights on us on purpose. We pulled onto University Avenue and the truck pulled up alongside us and told us to roll down our window. There were 3 guys in there and I noticed that I knew the driver of the stupid big truck. His name was Jeff and he was in my ward. He was super nice so I figured it was okay to pull over and chat for a while. So we pulled over into Provo High parking lot. I noticed the guy sitting in the middle and thought he was really cute. Jeff introduced us to his friends as Jeff and Adrian (so, 2 Jeff's and 1 Adrian, just wanted to clear that up. It can get confusing.) They asked us if we wanted to go see a movie. I said yes immediately, probably to my friends dismay. Remember that we had just seen a movie and were heading to get ice cream. But my friends, being the sports they were, agreed to go. So we followed them up the the mall theater. On the way there, I told them that I thought the middle Jeff was cute and that I "called" to sit by him. The boys bought us tickets and we went inside. I made sure I sat by Jeff and we hit it off. Afterwards we exchanged phone numbers and went our separate ways. I really didn't think he would call. He had just gotten home from his mission and I was still in high school. It took him a week, but he finally DID call me and ask me on a date. I was so excited. We went to a movie, Sabrina, and out to eat. From then on we were together almost every day. He even asked me to my Senior Prom (what a guy, right!) 7 months later, Jeff asked me to marry him by a candle light dinner that he and his sister, Jill, and mom had prepared. It was so sweet and I was overjoyed. I saw the ring sitting on the table and it took my breath away. He did and excellent job picking it out and I was so surprised. We were married September 20, 1996 in the Salt Lake Temple. Just 4 months after I graduated high school. I was only 18 years old. And now here we are, 12 years later and I honestly couldn't be happier. I love being married to my very best friend. Jeff is the best husband a girl could ask for. He treats me so well and puts up with me when I'm at my worst. I can always talk to him about anything at all. We always have so much fun together. Thanks babe to 12 amazing years.

16 comments:

Eric and Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad you married Jeff. You are a great Sister-in-law!

katie said...

I so remember this story. It seems like you and jeff set the stage for everyone else. I miss everyone getting together and going on our "group dates" and going to watch "our men" play baseball. Good times. I so remember your wedding. I hadn't gone through the temple yet, so I had to wait outside. You looked beautiful. Look at all that's happened. Happy Anniversary.

Cammi said...

Awesome! Congrats you 2!!

Email me and I'll ad you to my blog: cammihigley@msn.com

cl said...

congratulations! i remember going to your reception. you both looked so happy and you still do! hope your day was great!

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

Congrats! 12 Year is a big thing. I loved reading your "how we met" story. I love to see how it comes together for people. All the stories are so different and I love it. You guys are ment to be and I love those stories the most.

Paige and Jason said...

It is always fun to hear how people got together. It's also great that even being married at such a young age you guys make it work so well. Not to many teenagers are mature enough to do that. You guys seem so perfect together. Happy Anniversary!

Crystal Hadlock said...

congrats! That is such a cute story on how you guys met!

Shortcake and Company said...

What a cute story. I can just picture it all. Happy Anniversary! You two are the best couple.

Kim said...

I found your blog through Liz Rosenbaum's, and I must say, you two are inspiring that you have such great relationships with your birthmothers and their families. I hope that tomorrow goes well!

Holly said...

Happy Anny!! Great story too!! I'm hoping that tomorrow there will be a post about Mr.Korver being here!! :)

Joann said...

happy anniversary. how was the cheese cake factory? we missed you at the party. Cute story I don't think I ever knew how you two met.

K.D. and Megan said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you guys had a great day!

Janean said...

Happy Anniversary!! What a great day to remember! And I am happy that I was able to experience it with you. Who would have thought he was the guy you were going to marry some day?!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope after 12 years Trevor and I are as happy as you and Jeff. Congats! I'm also excited to see pictures of baby Korver. You and Michelle are in my prayers tonight. :)

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope after 12 years Trevor and I are as happy as you and Jeff. Congats! I'm also excited to see pictures of baby Korver. You and Michelle are in my prayers tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

AH!! i have been going to your blog like 15 or 20 times in hopes that there would be some pictures up.. HUM im anxious to see the little guy. :)