Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Beginnings

I'm always sad when Abbi starts a new school year. It means she can't stay home and be my little buddy all day long. But I do love the routine that school brings. It means going to bed earlier and waking up and getting moving earlier as well. Abbi was so excited to start 2nd grade this year. She got up without a fight and put on her new clothes that she picked out the night before. She just couldn't wait until it was time to leave. I love this little cutie so much and it makes me sad that she is getting older and more independant.

She's so funny. Lately she is into anything with skulls on it. So her shirt has a skull on it, sparkly of course, and she even wore a long skull necklace that her Aunt Kristen bought for her. She picked out skull earings while we were in Disneyland, but we couldn't find them this morning, so she opted for dangly star ones. She's all set to go with her leapord print backback. When she came home from school, she was beaming. She loved her teacher, Mrs. Callister. She said she was so nice and they did lots of fun things. We're looking forward to a great year.

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

She looks so cute! I love skulls too. I can't get enouh of them. Abbi has good taste!

angela said...

Finally a nice routine so Rich won't be so uptight anymore (summer schedule was killing him)!! Abbi is so adorable and I LOVE the backpack!! School is great especially when tey look forward to it and like their teachers!!

p.s. maybe we should go to the chuck for our next date...SOON!

Cammee said...

Her hair is DARLING!! You talented woman, you. Holy cow, 2nd grade, I can't believe that. Did you know Bridger goes to Riverview?

Shortcake and Company said...

I love her "in" braid on the front. She's adorable! The back pack so fits her. I'm also glad she like her teacher. Good luck, Abbi!

Joann said...

she looks so cute. love her hair and back pack. I hate sending my kids back too it's sad to have them gone all day. Tanner is so bored with out them.

Roberts blog said...

Hey Jeff;
I was checking out your blog this morning and my son Wade said "hey! that's Abbi" I guess they were in Mrs. Jensen's class together last year. I think that is so funny since you and I went to elementary school together. What a cute family you have. Your wife helped me find Mrs. Callister at the school open house. She is so nice- you did very well. I'm sure I'll see you and Shannon around. Look what can happen in sixteen years. Amazing!

Janean said...

She is so adorable! She always looks so cute and her hair is always to die for.