Sunday, August 17, 2008

The County Fair

Jeff called me from work Friday afternoon and said that he really wanted to eat some type of food on a stick. It was really his way of saying that he wanted to go to the County Fair being held in our town this weekend. We had a lot of fun and it's true what they say, you can get any type of food on a stick at the fair: hot dogs, corn, candy, you name it. My favorite part of the whole thing was this funny guy. There was just something funny about this alpaca. I've always wanted a goat, because lets face it, there's just something funny about a goat. Now I think I also want an alpaca. Some day when we live out in the country.
My kids liked the chickens and roosters the best. Hallie kept sticking her fingers in the cage. She's lucky one of them didn't pluck at her finger.
The girls insisted on wearing their cowgirl get-up. Which would be fine if Hallie would leave her dang hat on, but she doesn't and then she has hat hair.
I LOVE the above picture. The girls with their daddy.

We finished off the night by going to get Cold Stone icecream, my favorite. I always get cake batter with Reeses Peanut Butter Cups in a Love It. Come on, like it is waaaaaaaaaay to small.

4 comments:

Shortcake and Company said...

Good for you for going. I kind of wished we would have gone too or just to Cold Stone. That creation sounds devilish! And, where's Jeff's cowboy hat in the pic with the girls? Cute pic!

Janean said...

I went to the County Fair and thought it was so lame but it sounds like you had a good time. I just thought the boothes sucked but I guess I should have taken my kids and gone. They might have liked it.

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMM Cold Stone IceCream. !!!!! that sounds sooooooo good right now. I love it when Abbi and Hallie wear thier cowgirl hats. They look so cute, it is so cute when Hallie and Abbi are in certain outfits they look so much older then what they are, and when they are in thier hats they look like cute little girls. :))

Tiesha said...

I do LOVE that picture with Jeff and the girls, it's way cute! Well thanks, now I have to go get some cold stone! :o)