You were finally here,
My little butterfly.
You were placed in my arms,
And I couldn't help but cry.
You were so precious, so beautiful.
I starred at you with pride.
Your hands so tiny,
Your eyes so bright.
You were finally here
My little butterfly.
And I knew it would be hard
To say goodbye.
I cried for you at night.
How could I let my
Little butterfly go?
Then I thought of the new world
You would see.
Of the loving parents that will
Take care of thee.
And I felt peace.
You were finally here,
My little butterfly.
And no matter how hard it is,
I must say goodbye.
So, open your wings
And don't be afraid to fly.
Fly away to a new life.
Where opportunities are
at every door.
And my love around every corner.
You were finally here,
My little butterfly.
But, quickly you left
To live your new life.
You'll always be in my heart,
Your memory in my every thought.
Those tiny hands,
And bright eyes.
I will forever love you,
My Little Butterfly.
Gina Crotts
Copyright 2001
4 comments:
Oh, goodness. That is the sweetest poem. She has a tender way of stating how it is.
That is a cute poem, but so sad. I'm sure that is a difficult thing to do, even though you know you are doing the best thing you could for the baby.
Very very sweet poem. I can't even imagine!
That is such a wonderful poem. I am just so happy that there are people out there that are willing to make the right choice for their child. And give wonderful parents like you a chance to have children.
Post a Comment