Saturday night the girls and I were bored, so we decided to make some cookies. A friend at work gave me a new recipe to try called Soft and Chewy Chocolate Drops. They are seriously the best darn cookies I have ever had. The recipe is posted below. If you are a chocolate lover like me, you will LOVE them! They are super easy to make.
Cookie:
4 squares Baker's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup real butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until butter is melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add sugar, mix well. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, mix well. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place 2 inches apart on greasted baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes, or just until set. (Do not overbake.) Let stand on baking sheet 1 minute, transfer to wire racks. Cool completely before frosting.
Glaze:
1 8 oz. tub frozen Cool Whip
6 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
Place frozen whipped topping and semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is shiney and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. (It acutally took 2 minutes and then I just stirred and stirred until I got the smooth shiney consistency and all the chocolate was melted.) Let stand 15 minutes to thicken. Spread over cookies. Let stand until glaze is set
Makes 5 dozen cookies
3 comments:
those looks yum yum yummy! Might have to try them, but I think I'll wait until the big move, since most of my stuff is packed.
Wow...those look dangerously delicious! I'll definitely have to try them since I'm right with you on being a chocoholic. It's so much fun to make cookies with kids--especially the snitching of the dough. ;)
Those look really good. I'm trying to cut back on the cookies, but I may have to make an exception.
Post a Comment