Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Fun Surprise!

Many of you know that my due date has come and gone. Little Lacie Gwen was supposed to come on August 10th. Never in a million years did I think I would make it to my due date. To tell you the truth, I thought I would be holding a week old baby by now. But since it is my first pregnancy, the doctor said that I have to go a week overdue before she can induce me, that is, unless I was to dilated to a 3 and be 80% effaced. She said her hands are tied. I personally would like to know who has this ball of string that has tied her hands... SERIOUSLY! Anyway I fell into a major depression Tuesday afternoon after my doctors appointment. I had been having some pretty painful contractions over the past week so I was sure that I was dilated and effaced to where I needed to be. But to no avail. The doctor scheduled me for an induction on Tuesday, August, 17th. Which is only a week, but I am so uncomfortable and ready to get this baby OUT!!! I cried my eyes out all afternoon. How was I going to make it a whole week? Later that evening, my sweet mom showed up. She had with her a big bag full of smaller bags and some pretty flowers.
She told me that there was a bag to open each morning. They say cute things on them like, "Lacie's coming!" "It's a new day!" "Almost here!" I am so excited to open all the bags one by one. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning trying to decide which present to open first.

3 comments:

angela said...

what a great mom!! that is a really cute idea!!! i really feel for you, it is so hard to make it the last few weeks and then to have to go OVER a week...hang in there, i am so excited for you!!!

katie said...

such a cute idea. mom's are wonderful!!!

Unknown said...

I haven't looked at your blog in a while and here I am sucked into it again. YOU are such an amazing story teller and I'm so fascinated by your story. You're mom is so awesome!!