
Thursday, August 12th I started having really hard contractions at about 7:30 p.m. Jeff was not home so I went about my business cleaning the house and getting things ready to possibly go to the hospital. By 10:00 that night, the contractions were coming about every 5 minutes so I decided to call Jeff to see when he would be home. He told me he was on his way and I said that we had better go over to the hospital when he got home. He called his mom and dad (they live just down the street from us.) They told him that they would be there to watch the kids and to just get ready to go. I called my mom and sister and told them that I thought this was it. When Jeff's mom and dad got to our house, Jeff and his dad gave me a blessing and we were off to the hospital. Jeff's mom decided to meet us over at the hospital. When I got there they monitored me for about 2 hours and then told me that I was going to have to go home because I wasn't dialating at all. I started crying because I was in so much pain and didn't know how I was going to labor like this at home. After checking my blood pressure one last time and seeing that it was elevated, they decided to keep me! I was so happy to say the least. At about 3 a.m. they put me on pitossin to see if it would get me to dialate. Finally at 7 a.m. the nurse came in and checked me a final time and said that I was finally to a 3 and that I could have the epidural whenever I wanted it. I wanted it!!!! After giving me the epidural I dialated to a 6 pretty quickly and then a few hours later I was at a 9. I started pushing at 1:30 p.m. and ended up having Lacie Gwen at 3:29 p.m. on Friday August 13th. She weighed 8lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 inches long.

A photographer comes to the hospital we stayed at and did these pictures for us. I thought they were so cute, so of course, I had to purchase the cd and copyright.

Michelle came to the hospital the same day and brought her camera so we got some really cute ones from her, too.

We are in complete and total love with our new little one. Lacie has completed our family and I can't imagine life without her.
4 comments:
YAY!!! YAY!!!! and ANOTHER YAY!!!! I'm assuming you probably posted something on FB soon after she was born, and since I'm not on FB anymore, I'm always the last to find out these things! :) I already have your baby gift sitting upstairs waiting to be wrapped, so I'll be calling you this weekend to find out your new address so I can come and see this new beautiful baby of yours!!! :) Congratulations you all!!! I'm SOO happy for you! She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
I love these pictures they are so cute. :) I wonder who she is going to grow up looking more like you or Jeff?????
She is such a doll! Glad she is finally here!
Yay! I'm so glad she's here & everything is ok. She's beautiful & I can't believe this day has finally arrived. Congrats to all of you!!!
Post a Comment