Thursday, May 6, 2010

A ZOO-riffic Day!

This year for Spring Break, it was really cold the whole week. As a result, we hadn't done anything with the kids. So on Friday, we decided that we would take them to the zoo. We took our friend, Pieper, with us. We had lots and lots of fun. With the weather being a little on the cool side, the animals were very active. The tigers were my favorite to watch. There were 4 or 5 of them in there and they were running around playing with each other.
The kids' favorite thing to do was climb all over the statues and get their pictures taken.
And of course, the train is always a highlight of the trip.
Korver thought the train was AWESOME!!! He is really into trucks and tractors and trains. Basically anything that can be driven and makes a loud noise.

This picture makes me smile. I love how Hallie is looking up and Korver is ready to run. He didn't quite get what we were trying to do and thought it was a game. We had a pretty good time, even though it was cold most of the day. It finally warmed up towards the end. On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and got the kids an ice cream cone.

3 comments:

K.D. and Megan said...

It looks like a fun day at the zoo.. Kaylee is very sad that the 1st grade is not going this year...

laura said...

Shannon, it's so good to hear from you again. I haven't seen you FOREVER!. Thanks for the picture's of your cute belly! I love seeing the new pictures of your kids. You're right, Korver, has changed overnight. K, now, post pictures of your new house. :D

Shortcake and Company said...

You're so good to go to the zoo. I do not love the zoo. I lucked out last year because my sister in law took my two kidlets there when I was on bed rest. Bless her heart. I guess I don't have an excuse for this year. Sounds like you guys had a super day.