Last Sunday was our Primary Program in our ward. Abbi was asked to give a talk on how the temple blesses her life. She had given a talk earlier in the year that was perfect. It was such a great talk that Jeff helped her write. I decided to put it on our blog. She held up each picture and then said what is under each picture. Afterwards, all of the primary kids sang "Families Can Be Together Forever." I was bawling by the end.
My talk is about Temples and how they are an important part of my life. A long time ago my mom and dad were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Because they were married in the Temple, they are now sealed to each other for eternity. This means that they will be together forever, even after they die.
A few years later I was born and adopted by my mom and dad. When I was six months old, we went to the Provo Temple where I was sealed to my mom and dad for eternity.
A few more years passed by and my little sister, Hallie, was born. She was also adopted. Like me, when she was six months old, we all went to the Jordan River Temple where she was sealed to my mom, dad, and me for eternity.
Last September my baby brother, Korver, was born and we adopted him. In March, when he was six months old, all of us went to the Mount Timpanogos Temple where he was sealed to us for eternity. This means that we will be together forever.
This is a picture of my family. We are an eternal family sealed together forever. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has given us a way to be together as families forever. I love to go to the temple because so many important and happy things happen there. When I get older I want to be married in the temple. I know that Heavenly Father loves each one of us and wants us to return to live with him with our families.***
She did such a great job presenting her talk. I had so many people come up to me after the program and tell me how much they enjoyed it. Abbi is a special girl and we're very thankful we have her as part of our family.
For more information about the LDS (Mormon) church you can click on the Temple picture on my side bar that says "I belong."
8 comments:
that was beautiful. alex was asked to give a talk at our last primary program since he was sealed to us when he was 4 and it was so special. your family is beautiful!!
That was so cute, brought tears to my eyes.
I love you and your family. What a sweet angel Abbi is. Love this post.
Fun, wish i could have been there. I bet she did AWSOME!!!!!
That was such a sweet talk. You trully do have a beautiful family.
i was very touched by her talk, and like you I was teary eyed at the end as well. She spoke with such confidence and pride--she really loves her family :)
wow!!! that would have been neat to hear. You guys are such great parents!!!
I am an adoptive mother of three children as well. I loved reading little Abbi's talk. It brought back such wonderful memories of our litte family going to the temple. Each time was as wonderful as the time before. I am so grateful for adoption.
You have a beautiful family
Post a Comment