
Jeff had a class that he had to attend for work in San Diego and he invited me to tag along with him. We decided to make a road trip out of it. We left early Sunday morning and drove straight through and arrived in San Diego at about 4:00. When we got there we went out to Coronado Island that is just off the shore of San Diego. There is a bridge that you can drive across to it. If you are ever in the San Diego area, I highly suggest you go. It is a really cute place. Anyway, we went to this really yummy steak house called the Marina Steak House (I think.) The food was delicious.

Look at how huge my steak is. It was about 2 inches thick and seasoned perfectly. We were both in Heaven because we love steak.
Jeff didn't have to go to his class until Tuesday, so Monday we woke up and got ready for the day and headed to Old Town. Old Town is the first Spanish settlement in California and it's a really cute little place. Lots of Mexican restaurants to eat at. We hadn't had breakfast yet, so we found this cute place to eat at that served yummy breakfast food. We decided to eat outside even though it was a little on the chilly side. It was lots of fun. Jeff got an omelet and said it was really good. I chose a breakfast burrito and it was also very good.

After that, we drove around San Diego and saw the sites. Jeff decided that he wanted to go see a Monday night football game. So we went to the stadium where the San Diego Chargers play and tried to get tickets, but all they had left were single seats. So we went back to the hotel and found some tickets online. We were way excited and only had a few hours until the game started, so we decided to head to
Pinkberry!!! My favorite treat EVER!!! Honestly, this stuff is to-die-for good. It's not like the frozen yogurt you get at other places. It has that really yummy yogurt flavor. I love the stuff.

After that we went back out to Coronado Island and went to the beach. We were walking along the beach and Jeff found this tooth. Not really sure what it was from, but we thought it was pretty cool.

This was probably one of the best beaches I've ever been to. It was gorgeous and the sand was so soft.

One of our favorite parts of that day was the little restaurant we found out on the pier. I love places like that where you can sit by the water and eat something yummy. We ordered a snack since we were full from
Pinkberry.

So then it was time to go back to the hotel and get ready for the game. We were surprised at how great our seats were. You can see from the pictures that they were pretty darn good. The Chargers played the Denver Bronco's. It was SUCH a good game. Really close the whole time. It was fun to sit with a bunch of crazy Charger's fans. Seriously, I don't think I've heard the F bomb dropped more in my entire life than I did at that game. We even saw a couple fights between the Charger's and Bronco's fans. It was fun though and an experience I will never forget. The Bronco's won so we had to ride the train back to our car with a bunch of angry Charger's fans.

The next day Jeff was in his class all day, so we got up really early and had breakfast at a cafe' that was really close to our hotel and then I dropped him off at his class and went back to the hotel and got ready for some shopping. There was a mall about 2 blocks away from our hotel, so I drove there and shopped til I dropped. I loved this particular mall because it was outside. So fun! After that I went back to the hotel and sat at the pool and waited for Jeff to get done with his class. When I was in San Diego with my friends for our cruise, we ate at a yummy Mexican restaurant called Miguel's. I wanted to take Jeff, so we headed back over to Coronado to eat there. I didn't know this, but he told our waitress that it was my birthday and they came out with a huge piece of ice cream pie for us to share. They also sang to me. It was really fun.

We had such a good time and the trip came to an end way too soon. I wish we would have had longer to do some more fun stuff. I love vacations alone with Jeff.
9 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun. I love taking trips with the family, but it is so relaxing to just go with your husband. I have found myself taking pictures of our food when it is just us also. I guess if our kids aren't around we need a replacement.
oh that beach looks realllllly nice about now with our cold temperatures! How fun to get away with your husband--it looks like you had a really great time :)
You made me so sad, I might cry. I was just dreaming about miguels yummy jalapeƱo dip and carnitas this afternoon. And the pictures of Coronado...home sick. I'm glad you had fun though, San Diego is one of my favorite places.
WOW looks like you two had lots of fun. :)
I think it's a broken seashell. Southern California never has nice ones that are all put together.
Actually, Kim, I don't think it is. You can see on the end where it attached into the mouth of something. It is for sure a tooth.
I'm so jealous! I love Coronado. My family used to to go there every year for New Years while I was growing up. I agree, the beach is the best. :)
It looks like you guys had so much fun!
oh wow! Cool find!
I love San Diego and don't go nearly as often as I should. I think we need to go now! Aren't trips with the hubby the best? You two are the cutest couple! Xoxo.
Post a Comment