Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Making Caramel Apples

This year we made our caramel apples again. Only, we decided to stick to making 9 instead of 65 like we did the last time we made them. I got everything ready to go earlier in the day so that everything went smoothly.
My mom gave Jeff the red apple dipping container you see in the background which worked great. It was the perfect size to roll your apple around in and make sure the caramel got over each bite. We had several toppings to chose from that the kids dipped the apples in including Reeces Pieces, crushed up Skor, crushed up graham crackers, crushed up Butterfinger, cinnamon and Nerds.
Hallie liked the Nerd's the best for her apple.
It was such a fun family activity and I'm sure glad we decided to do it again this year. We missed it last year, since we had a new baby in the house and things were a little crazy back then. This is the second time we have done this with the kids and I think it's one of their favorite things to do.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness...those look SO yummy! And I love the last picture, you can see how much fun you guys have together. :)

Cammee said...

I have to know where she got that bowl! Please let me know. We do this every October and use candy to make them into monsters. My teenagers still love it!

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun. Wish i would have thught about doing this. :)

Janean said...

Yum! Those look so good! And I wish you would have stuck to the 65 apples cause I was one of those lucky ones who got to receive some of them and they were delicious!

Kris and Katie said...

Shannon- I miss you! You are so dang skinny!!! You look awesome! I will call you soon

Shortcake and Company said...

What a sweet momma you are! And I've been the recipient of those apples in the past...delish, girl.