Thursday, October 29, 2009

Our "Thrilling" Trip To St. George

After being home from my trip with Jeff for one day, I headed down to St. George with the kids, my mom, and Kristen. My mom dances with the Golden Girls and they had a performance at Tuacahn. We had SO much fun. We did lots of shopping, swimming, and laughing. We left on my birthday after my mom got off work and drove down. I think we got to St. George at about midnight. Once we got there my mom and Kristen headed off to the grocery store for a midnight treat run (really to get stuff for breakfast.) They returned with candles and my mom brought down a pie from Marie Calandar's. They sang Happy Birthday to me and then we stayed up even longer talking. My kids were EXHAUSTED! The next morning we woke up and went shopping all day and then to yummy Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Kristen, Abbi, Hallie, and I went to the pool after we got back to the condo for a late night swim. My mom was tired, so she and Korver stayed back and went to sleep. The next morning, we got up and went swimming and after a run in with a mean old man that yelled as us for thinking we didn't shower before entering the pool (seriously, he was so mean and really stupid,) we went back to the condo and got ready to do more shopping. We came back and got my mom ready for her performance. They had to dress up like fat witches. Her costume was really cute. We then went to Tuacahn and watched my mom dance. After that we saw "Thriller." It was so much fun. My girls loved it and Korver sat with my mom the whole time and barely mad a peep.
Some of the Zombie looking performers wander through the audience before the play starts. They are totally in character and are SO creepy. This one in the picture above took a liking to Hallie. At first Hallie was kind of afraid, and then all of a sudden she let's out a "roar" trying to scare the Zombie girl. The whole crowd around us was laughing at her, it was so cute. Then the Zombie and Hallie started sticking their tongues out at each other. The Zombie girl couldn't even hold a straight face. She was so cute with Hallie and came and found her again at intermission. On the way out of the play, we stopped her so that we could get a picture with her. If you look close at the picture, you can see that Hallie is totally sticking her tongue out at her.
Korver liked hanging out with all of us girls.
Here is my mom right before we left. Doesn't she look cute? We stuffed her with pillows to make her look like a fat witch. They danced to a song called, Chunky. It was so cute. If anyone has ever seen them perform at Jazz games, you know how great they are. I love that my mom dances with them. I can't wait, only 18 more years and I can join! (You have to be at least 50.)
Kristen putting the finishing touches on mom before she had to go. It was such a fun trip. I love being with my mom and sister and of course, my kiddos. We laughed so hard at the dumbest things, but we had so much fun. I'm so thankful for them. Thanks girls for such a fun trip.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA I LOVE IT!!! she looks FREAKIN AWESOME

Jennifer said...

I didn't know your mom dances with the golden girls, that is seriously awesome!

Shortcake and Company said...

What a great trip! I didn't know your mom is a dancer either! Girl trips are great. Glad you had fun and even got a pie on your special day.