I have been hounding Jeff for weeks that we need to get the garage cleaned out. It has become our catch-all this winter for anything that we don't want to deal with. But it had gotten to the point that we could barely drive our tiny car in there without having to skinny our way past it. So Saturday we finally cleaned it out.
Here is the before picture

and this is the after picture

The stuff to the right is all the kids bikes and our strollers and play stuff. And all that stuff that is next to the refrigerator is stuff that is going to go to charity this next week. We already took a truckload of stuff over to D.I. after we finished on Saturday, but I wanted to give some of my sister-in-law's who have little girls younger than Hallie a chance to come and go through some of her old clothes. I contemplated doing a yard sale this spring, but talked myself out of it pretty quickly. I have only ever done one in my married life and it so totally wasn't worth it. If anyone wants, or knows of anyone that could use a baby swing, playpen and pink toddler potty (never actually used because it scared Hallie to death) come and get it or let me know you want it before Wednesday. That is the day that I will be taking everything over to D.I.

This also makes me very happy. Back in the summer Jeff's mom called and told us that she was taking each of her kids and their spouses (there are 8 kids in Jeff's family) to buy $200 worth of food storage EACH. I was ecstatic!! We had just gotten Korver a couple of days before so we were pretty overwhelmed and didn't have a chance to organize it when we brought it home. So we stacked it in our messy garage. When we looked through it on Saturday there was so much more food than I remember. It was fun stacking it all up on the shelves and seeing just how much we really had. It also gave me motivation to keep on top of it and cycle it through.
3 comments:
Wow!! Good job, it looks great! I need to get going on my food storage.
Oh how I wish I had a garage to organize! Someday hopefully.
I swear there is something about de-cluttering. It feels great! Good for you!
Post a Comment