Jeff and I decided a few years ago that we would treat Valentines Day as a family holiday rather than a couples holiday. Whenever we have gone out on V-Day the restaurants are always way too crowded and not to mention that it's very hard to find a babysitter on that night. So we have our own little party at home with the kiddos. This year we had sweet and sour chicken and rice. We always use my china and fancy tablecloth and napkins and drink sparkling cider out of our crystal glasses. And we always eat our Valentines dinner by candlelight! I love my 4 Valentines so much and wouldn't want to spend my night any other way.
8 comments:
Rich always wanted to "go out" on valentines day the first few years we were married and it always made me feel bad leaving the kids...it had always been a "family holiday" for me growing up and I think that when the kids are old and married it can be just for us but not now, after all i love my kids just as much!!!
What a fun tradition! I agree with you on the restaurant thing. Not worth it! Oh, and thank you SO much for the coupon organizer and coupons. That was very thoughtful! If you ever change your mind and want it back, just let me know.
What a fun tradition! Who better to spend Valentines with then your husband and kids!!!
that is so awesome! :)
we celebrate v-day with william too...and we do it during the week so we can avoid crowds :)
i love your pics, looks like so much fun! :)
This is so cute. Right now, I'm just so glad to put ammie to bed and spend time with Josh so we did v-day that way. But when she is a little older, I love the idea of doing this.
oh i love those sweet little faces!!!
Look at how fancy you are. I love Hallie's face in the top picture BTW.
That's so fun! Maybe we'll have to start doing that next year! :o)
Post a Comment