Thursday, May 22, 2008

Our Trip To California

I think most of you know that we have been in Disneyland for a week. We went with my mom and dad, my brother, Cody, and my sister, Kristen, and her boyfriend, Weston. It was so much fun. I tried posting all of the pictures, but there were way too many so I decided to do a slide show instead. I'll just start from the beginning. Friday at about 2:30 we jumped in a huge van and drove down to Primm, Nevada to spend the first night. We stayed at Buffalo Bills. It was a very cute hotel and very cheap. They have a huge rollercoaster there that goes in and out of the hotel that we went on. It was Abbi's first roller coaster ever. She was barely tall enough to go. It scared her to death. She kept saying, "I'm scared, this is fun, but I'm scared." I have to say that I was pretty scared as well, but we all survived. The next morning we woke up and drove to California. It took about 2 1/2 hours. Then we checked into our hotel and went to Disneyland. It was lots of fun. Abbi loved Tower of Terror the very most and rode it 5 times. She was scared the first couple of times, but then loved it. Hallie loved everything that she was able to go on. I think we rode just about everything there was to ride since we went to Disneyland 6 days total. Jeff and I loved everything. It was fun for both of us to watch our kids have so much fun.
We also went to the Wild Animal Park in San Diego. It was very cool and I would totally recommend going. They have a petting zoo that my kids loved. It was a bit cold that day, but fun just the same. It was nice because the animals were out and pretty active. We also spent an afternoon at the beach. I don't love the beach, but this time was very fun. It was so warm the day we went. We had fun playing in the water and in the sand. Hallie was hillarious. She would go out in the water and barely stick her little tosies in and then when the wave would come, she would run away and then run back and do it all over again. Abbi had fun drawing messages in the sand for us to read. My little sister Kristen met this guy out in the water that showed her how to body surf. She got pretty good towards the end. We even saw dolphins jumping out in the ocean. It was very cool.
My dad, Jeff, Cody and Weston went to a Dogers game Sunday afternoon. The girls attempted to find the Orange County Swap Meet to no avail. Little did we know we were very close. We just could never find the place. Instead we went on what we like to call "The Circle of Fun." We also went in search of a Pink Berry that took us half a day to find. But we saw lots of cool scenery on the way. We drove to Laguna and drove along the coast which was very cool. We finally found a Pink Berry that was totally worth the time spent to find it. For those of you who don't know what Pink Berry is, it's frozen yogurt that is out of this world good. Unfortunatly they are only on the West and East coasts, so if you go to Cali soon, make sure to visit.
All in all we had a great time and I can't wait to go back. Jeff's parents just told us that they are planning a trip in October 2009 to Disneyland and I'm already saving my pennies. But secretly I'm hoping to go one more time before then. I have to talk Jeff into it, though.

5 comments:

Brad.Lindsey.Lexi.Rowen said...

It sounds like you have a blast. I have been checking your blog in anticipation of your return from Disneyland. I feel like I can relive every trip to the happiest place on earth by reading about other people's trips. Welcome home.

Tiesha said...

It sounds like so much fun! Cute pictures!

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you had a blast. I hope to make it to Disneyland some day, when my kids are still young and will really enjoy it. Cute pictures!

Hill said...

I'm so jealous, I could go to D-land twice a year and not feel bad about it.

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

Maybe we should all just plan a girls trio because I can never convince Dave that we need to go. What party poopers! I love that place!