Friday, November 9, 2007

Making Caramel Apples


Jeff had this brilliant idea that he thought it would be fun to make caramel apples for our friends and family. So Abbi and I made a list of all the stuff we thought would be yummy on them and we headed to the store. About $40 later we were on our way! So I got home and started peeling and peeling and peeling caramels. 2 hours later, I wasn't even half way through the never ending mound. So Jeff took over the next day peeling and peeling and peeling. About 3 hours later, he was done. Then came the task of pounding the skewers into the apples. Then chopping the candy and nuts to decorate the apples with. Then finally the melting of the caramel and the dipping of the apples. It was a very long task, but so much fun (okay, Jeff and I really could have done without the peeling caramels part!) And look how yummy they turned out! We have had lots of people tell us how much they enjoyed them. We made 70 apples in all!!!


2 comments:

Nat said...

Yum Yum!

Shortcake and Company said...

Shannon,
They were yummy! Thanks for going to the extra effort!