So, for those of you that don't follow me on facebook, you may not know our news. I am PREGNANT!!! Yes, you read that right. I don't know when I am due or how it even happened (well I do know how it happened, but I don't know HOW it actually happened!) My cycles are never regular and sometimes I will go a whole year without having one, but I had 3 right in a row that were exactly 28 days apart and then nothing. I didn't think anything of it and just thought, okay so I guess I'm good for a year or so. And then a couple of weeks ago I started getting really tired and kind of sick. I just thought I was getting sick or something. Last Thursday I was telling my sister, Kristen, that I really should take a pregnancy test and that Jeff wanted me to take one, but I didn't really want to spend the money on one because every one I've ever taken has come up negative. Well, bless her heart, she snuck one into my house one night when we were not home. So I took it and it came up inconclusive. That day, though, I felt really sick and VERY tired. So I went and got another one. I sat and watched the positive sign appear and thought I was dreaming (I still am not quite sure that this isn't all a dream!) I looked at the box to make sure I was reading it right and then started crying happy tears! I called Jeff sobbing and asked him if he was sitting down. He thought something horrible had happened before I told him because I was crying so hard. When I finally said the words that I was pregnant, he sat there in shock and then asked if I was ok. "Of course," I said, "I am so happy!" He was in disbelief and told me to call the doctor to see if I could get in. I did and I can't get in until January 4th. I asked if I should take another test and the receptionist told me that it was probably not necessary because you can't get a false positive. I told Jeff and he was still sceptical so he made me go buy two more tests. Both came back positive. The next morning he STILL did not believe that we could actually be pregnant, so he wanted me to go to the clinic and take one just to make sure we were reading it right and to have someone else tell me that what we knew was true. And yes, the nurse came in and said, "Congratulations! You're going to have a baby!" So, I guess I'm preggers. We're still both in shock but it's a good kind of shock. We're so excited and can't wait to experience all of this. When we told the kids Abbi said, "Wait, I didn't think this could happen." Hallie said, "I want to see it!" And Korver just said, "Yeah!" I will keep you all posted on the whole pregnancy. Michelle wants to take pictures of me each month so I'll make sure to post those as we take them. I still can't believe that I'M PREGNANT!!!
24 comments:
WOW!! That is so Awesome. I'm so excited for you and Jeff. I can't stop smiling for you. We want updates often. Congratulations!!!!
I am so excited, I was going to ask you how many tests you took before you finally believed it. Sounds like a lot:)
WAHOO! That is so exciting! I am just thrilled for you and can't wait to hear your updates, see your pictures and your cute little munchkin! You are such a great mom!
Yay!!! I cried when I read it on facebook and I'm crying again reading it on here.:) All I can say is that's one lucky baby!
Congratulations! I'm so excited for you! For some reason right when Kristen answered the phone at work the look on her face said it all! I knew right what was going on! I am so happy for you!!!
i am so excited for you! :) i hope you have a wonderful, uneventful, pregnancy :)
and i CANNOT wait to she michelle's pics!! :)
I am so excited and happy for you guys!!!! Congratulations!!
Amazing!! you have to be the most blessed women right now!! 3 adoptions so lucky, and now one of your own....amazing!!!
SHANNON!!! I can't believe it! I am so incredibly excited for you. WOW!!! I would have been like you and taken a bunch of tests and gone to the dr. That really is funny, though. You made me cry--way to go. What a wonderful Christmas present. :D Congrats!
Congratulations!! When are you due?
Never mind, I answered my own question. :)
Shannon!!!!! How exciting! What a miracle, right in time for Christmas! :) :) Keep us all updated, so we can live through you! ♥
Shannon I am so elated for you! My pregnancy came as a shock as well. I had always been told I couldn't have children. I'm so excited for you to experience the wonder of creating life like I did. I just can't believe that it happened for me, and that he's turning 2 this week. God Bless you!
Holy Cow!!!! That's the best thing I've heard in a long time! Congrats for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW! HOW AWESOME SHANNON!!!!!!
I dont know you personally but i follow your blog & i just adore your beautiful children! I cant imagine your excitement to find out your pregnant, its one of the best feelings on the whole world! What an awesome miracle!
Ps I think you are SOOOOO stinkin awesome to your birthmothers!
AHHH! I am so excited for you. Congrats girlie.
Yeahhhh! That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you! :o)
simply amazing! What a miracle! congrats!
I know I've only commented a few times but I can't stop thinking about you guys and how excited I am for you!
It gives me in a way... hope that it can happen we have four children all adopted through lds family services and we've been married almost 13 years and its never happened even once! So it really gives me the hope that it can happen and I'm just so excited for you guys!! You have such a cute family!! ttys and good luck with all the joys of being pregnant so happy!!
Wow Shannon, that is amazing! I am thrilled for your sweet family.
Shannon,
This is Candace (from the ward)...I just discovered your blog through Angela's and I just had to tell you how happy I am for you. I can't even begin to explain the feelings that washed over me as I read this news.
Congratulations! I hope everything continues to go well for you. I will be sure to remember you in my prayers.
This is really so neat and so incredibly touching.
Congratulations....hope all is well. And also hoping you update again REALLY soon!!!
So I havent blog stalked you for a while,and WOW!!!! Tisha was in big trouble for not telling me your big news. I am tickled for you and your darling family.Lets go to Ihop and celebrate.
Post a Comment