Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Remember That?

I was going through pictures on my computer and realized there is a lot of stuff I haven't blogged about from the past. You know, pictures that I took before this little blog was started. So I'm going to start something called "Remember That?" I'm not going to have a scheduled day that I post, because that's a lot of pressure to put on myself. Sometimes I'll post "Remember That?" once a week, sometimes more, sometimes less. It will be a good way for me to journal what happened BTB (before the blog.)
A couple years ago Abbi's Birth Grandma, Jenny, called and asked if we would want to go for a ride in a plane. Teressa's (Abbi's Birth Mom's) step-dad, Stevie, has a plane and we had always wanted to go for a ride. Of course we were thrilled to go. The plane could only hold 4 people, so Jenny was kind enough to stay behind and watch Hallie so that Jeff, Abbi and I could go. It was one of the coolest experiences of my life. He flew us around our town and it was fun to see things from above. This is my parents house taken from above. I called my mom from the plane and told her to go outside and look up in the sky. She about died when she found out the people in the plane was us!
This is our neighborhood. It was very cool to see it from way up high. Abbi was excited that she could see our truck.
This is Abbi and Stevie.
Abbi getting all ready to go. Look how little she was. I think she was a little nervous at first, but after we got going, she thought it was fun.
Stevie had headphones that helped block out some of the sound from the plane and also had microphones on them so that we could communicate with each other without having to scream.
We all had so much fun and I will never forget that experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So jelous :P wish i could hAVE GONE with ya. :) I like this remember that idea thing. :) Im looking forward to reading everything that you post. :) Well even before this i still did look forward to reading your blog, but now im going to get to remember some stuff too. MAYBE!!!