Wednesday, March 16, 2011

She's Here! She's Here! She's Finally Here.

Hallie has been wanting an American Girl doll for quite some time.  Santa Claus tried to bring the Target knock-off which worked for a while, but within a week, her hair was matted and really gross.  It was sad... and also a long story that led to Jeff and I deciding to give in and get her the real deal.  Don't judge. :)

Anyway, we let her pick out which one she wanted and she chose Kanani which is the girl of the year for 2011.  When she finally came in the mail, Hallie was SO excited.
It was all I could do to get Kanani out of her packaging quick enough.  I thought it was really cute that Abbi and Hallie showed as much excitement as Hallie did.
Hallie has loved  adored her American Girl doll from the minute she got her and it was well worth the extra money we had to fork over for her.
I will say this for American Girl.  Even though they are pricey ($100 just for the doll and the outfit she comes in) they are worth the money.  The Target knock-off was about $40 and I'm not lying when I say her hair was a mess within a week.  A knotted ratted mess that was un-combable.  The real American Girl has been loved and her hair has been brushed a LOT and still looks great.  The clothes really aren't that much more expensive than the Target ones, and the Target ones actually fit American Girl.  Anyway, all of that being said, if you are in the market for a doll like this, don't make Santa's mistake and just splurge for the real thing.

1 comment:

mrs-mcallister said...

Awe i wish i was there to see her open it. :D I can already see the image in my head and cute little faces she pulls.