Thursday, March 17, 2011

Let Me Call You Sweetheart

I used to hate with a capitol H Valentines Day.  The only reason being that it's so hard to go out anywhere on that particular day because everywhere has a 2 or more hour wait.  And not to mention finding a babysitter.  So a few years ago, Jeff and I decided that we would spend the day with our "little" Valentines as well as each other.  I always make a candlelight dinner and do something fun for dinner.  Sometimes I order take-out, sometimes I make something.  This year I decided to make home made pancakes in the shape of a heart.  I had a final thought to color them red and the kids LOVED them.  They thought they were so cute and they were really easy (and cheap) to make.
I also opted for ease rather than stress myself out coming up with an idea and making Valentines Day cards.  I got these off of eighteen25.blogspot.com/ and they were a hit.  All I had to do was insert the girls' pictures and I was done.  I even added their name in the corner so all we had to do was stuff them in an envelope.  We included a fun dip in ours and off they went to school.
I've had lots of fun with this Valentines Day.  I added just a few little "hearty" touches to my home and it's been a really fun month.

1 comment:

mrs-mcallister said...

That is so stinking cute. Did you just sure regular printing paper?