
One Sunday morning before church, the girls asked if they could have a picnic outside with a few stuffed animals. I agreed and went about my business with the morning routine of getting ready for church. When I went outside this is what I found.

I said to Abbi, "I thought you said a FEW stuffed animals." She replied, "I did, this isn't ALL of them." That's when I had a little reality check of just how many toys and stuffed animals my girls have. That night and next morning, we went through all the toys and stuffed animals. The girls were told that they could each choose 10 stuffed animals to keep and the rest would be sent to charity. It was a hard decision for them, but they narrowed it down. We also went through and threw out anything that was broken or missing pieces. I gave away 7 large garbage bags full of just toys and threw away 3. Our house is small and the girls share a room. I honestly couldn't believe all the toys they had in there. Funny thing is, after getting rid of all those toys, they have done nothing but want to play in their room. I think they can now see how much they have in there and it's a lot more fun for them to play. The new rule is, something comes in, something goes out. Especially with stuffed animals. I think I counted 80 that we either threw away or gave away. That's not including the 20 that they kept.
3 comments:
HE He cute. Well now that i know they have tonz of stuffed animals i will not buy them. I will think of other things. I bet you felt alot better after making som room though. :)
I like to take half of the stuffed animals (when they don't know about it)and put them in storage for awhile.
Eventually If they do something good then I let them pick out a stuffed animal. Wow it's like Christmas. Or just rotate toys, dress up, and stuffed animals.
I love throwing out things like that and organizing their toys. I usually have to do it when they aren't home though cause they would never agree to let me get rid of anything. My kids are such pack rats.
Post a Comment