Those are the words that came out of Abbi's mouth when we were getting ready to drive down to St. George. She said, "Mom, did you know it's all about me this weekend." And I replied with, "It is, how so?" Abbi said, "Well, Dad said that the only reason we are even going to St. George is because of me and my dance competition." I had to laugh. She was right, though. It was all about her. I had to have Abbi dressed and ready to go by 8:00 am. That means, hair and make-up done and costumes packed and ready. I woke up at 5:30 so that I could get myself ready and still have plenty of time to get Abbi ready. Her hair had to be curled in big curls all over her head. So we whipped out the handy dandy flat iron and went to town.
2 comments:
She looks so adorable! But I hear ya! Those dance competitions are so much work! We just did the st. george one last week and like you, I was up at the crack of dawn just so we could get there by 7:30! And we were STILL just a hair late! AUGH! Won't it be nice when they can do their own make up while we do their hair? At least that will cut down on the stress just a bit eh? ha ha!
I still need a tutorial on hair curling. Seriously. Next time you're curling hair, call me and I'll buzz down. Ainsley so wants her curls to last. And, she just told me yesterday that Hallie looked so much cuter than her at the recital because she had sparkles all over. Everywhere...her hair, arms, face. :( It made me sad she already compares herself. BUT, I think if I can curl hair, it'll help. Right??
Post a Comment