I am extremely impatient. Normally, we wouldn't have found out what our baby was until the end of March. But when I found out that my doctor's office offers gender ultrasounds for $30, I was all in. So I made an appointment for yesterday at 1:00. We took the kids with us to the doctor so they could be the first to know. It was such a fun experience for us all. Pretty much one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced in my life. Seeing that baby on the screen moving around took my breath right away. Every time I hear the heart beat, I'm overcome with emotion. Seriously, my doctor asks me if I'm okay each and every time. I'm just so happy, I always tell her. I still find it hard to believe that it's inside of me. But that "it" is no longer and "IT." We were convinced that we were having a boy. So much so that we had only boy names chosen and no girl names at all. Seriously, I asked people on Facebook to guess what I was having and I would say 90% said boy. There was no question that what was inside of me would be named Cooper Keith. So when the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, I see girl parts. It's for sure without question a girl," Jeff and I were shocked. I started crying... again. Not sad tears, but overjoyed happy tears. I didn't care either way, but it all the sudden became that much more real for me.
.
We really had no girl names at all. But all of the sudden the name Lacie Gwen came to me. And I knew that was her name. My middle name is Kasey and I went by that until I was about 5 or 6. My dad NEVER calls me Shannon. A lot of my family members call me Kasey too. If you were to say the name "Shannon" to my Grandpa Ed and some of my uncles they would have no idea who you were talking about. My Uncle Ken calls me Lacey or Lace and always has. So I thought that would be a cute first name. And then my sweet little grandma that passed away last year is named Gwen (my dad's mom.) I told Jeff and he absolutely loved it. So Lacie Gwen it is. We are so excited and can't wait for her arrival in August.
xoxoxo
14 comments:
i knew there were more bows and ribbons in your future :)
at least you know that korv's sisters will be ultra protective of him when it comes to him dating.
i'm so happy for you!!
Yay! That is so exciting! Congrats Shannon :)
I'm so excited for you! I love the name you picked. It's so cute. My sister-in-law had a baby on Sunday and named her Gwen. I love it! :)
That is one of my favorite names!!! Love it!
How exciting!! Love the name.
Hey I know Michelle & I know you live In Spanish fork what is your obgyn? In looking for a good one close by!
Congrats! Love the name.
congrats guys, that is so exciting.
I am so darn excited for you guys! The name is adorable and it is already inevitable that she will be too with you and Jeff as her parents :)
So cute! You were just meant to have lots of girls :D She's so lucky to have such adorable older sister and brother. Congrats!
Very cute! I love the two names together. They are perfect! Baby girls=oh so much fun!
Very cute! Congratulations!
Shannon I am so excited for you. I haven't looked at blogs for forever, but I just got caught up. This is amazing! Life is good! You are an awesome mom!
I L.O.V.E you. I do.
Post a Comment