Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day Of Preschool

Hallie started preschool today (and yes, I'm trying to hold back tears.) She was so excited last night that she set out her clothes for this morning. When she got up she got dressed and we did her hair curly. We then packed her backpack with things she needed for the first day. Her teacher, Miss Amy, asked the kids to bring a stuffed animal that they might find in the jungle because they would be going on a Safari. Of course Hallie chose to bring her Tiger. She also had to make a sack puppet that we got from the Preschool Openhouse. So we got that all packed up and she was off for her first day.
I thought I was fine, but as I was driving off I started crying. It's so fun to see her get big and try new things, but at the same time, it makes me really sad because I know it won't be long before she is all grown up. Even though this little miss is so naughty and causes me LOTS of stress, I'm going to miss her so much for those few short hours that she is gone to school.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks adorable Shannon. Dont cry. It will be okay i promis. :)

Kirsten said...

It's ok to cry! I cry every time it's new year and I have to drop them off! I hate that they have to get bigger!!

Hill said...

She looks SO cute. That little girl just melts me for some reason, but I have a special place in my heart for slightly naughty girls.

Shortcake and Company said...

She is seriously one of the juiciest girls around. I love her curlylocks 'do. I cried too...you're not alone chicka.

laura said...

Beautiful girl! you'll have to fend off those boys :)